Friday, November 13, 2015

Grace

Our pastor began leading our church on a Journey through the Epistles beginning in November that will last through December.  We are all reading the same section of Scripture each day and sharing what it means to us or how it encourages us.  We recently finished up Romans and although I've read the Bible through on many occasions, I've never really paid close attention to just how much grace is focused on in this book.  I have to say I was/am completely overwhelmed by God's grace in my life.


I feel as though I've kind of lived in a sweet little bubble all of my life.  That's not to say I haven't been through difficult times, because I have.  It's not to say my life has been all peachy, because it certainly hasn't.  It's not to say I've always done good and made wise decisions, because that couldn't be farther from the truth.  It does say however, that now more than ever, I recognize God's goodness and grace in my life from the time I was born. I was born and raised in a Christian family.  I was raised in church all of my life.  I married a man who loves the Lord and has grown SO much since the time I met him, it's absolutely incredible, because he desires to be closer to the Lord each and every day for His glory and honor.  That man is a wonderful pastor, so a lot of our life revolves around church and Christians.  Now, not all Christians act like Christians, but that's where grace comes in of course.


I see and hear lots of things in this world that people have gone through or are going through and sometimes it still just blows my mind even though I know evil and sin exist in this fallen world in which we live.  I think it kind of goes back to that bubble:)  While I can find it difficult to relate to some people and where they've been or where they are, I wouldn't trade my raising or my life now for anything in this world.  I'm am SO beyond grateful that God placed me in the family I was raised in and gave me the husband and kids that He has.  He is a great God and I never want to take His wonderful blessings for granted.


Hard times will come, and I want to praise Him.
Good times will be had, and I want to praise Him.
Doubts will arise, and I want to praise Him.


Thank you Lord for your goodness, grace, mercy, forgiveness, discipline (although it doesn't feel nice at the time), and love!  May I grow closer to You daily, and bring You much Glory!


Yet God, with undeserved kindness, declares that we are righteous.  He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins.  Romans 3:24


1 comment:

Julie Loftin said...

Amen and Amen!!