Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Around here

Well we had our last day of school last Wednesday for 3 weeks.  Yahoo, this momma is excited about this break and the fun we are gonna have during the break.  We will have to come back strong though, because the girls have to take their SATs the week after our first week back to school.

We celebrated my birthday, really the whole weekend.  Friday, Craig and the girls had the surprise for me when I got home.  Saturday, Craig and I played tennis, cleaned the car, and went to dinner without children.  Exactly what I wanted to do.  We haven't played tennis in about a year and I love to play, but it's kinda hard to do with children.  Our good friends kept the girls for us and after we ate dinner, we went to their house where Jenn had made us cupcakes for my bday!  Yummy!!!

Sunday, we had meetings after church and a very sweet lady made a huge bday cake for me that of course we shared with everyone.  So sweet of her and it was really good.

Sooooo after eating bday cake and cupcakes for 3 days in a row, I need to be walking 4 miles each morning instead of just 2 miles.

My friend, Kim and I walk every morning, a little over 2 miles.  It's nice to have a walking buddy.  We have been very consistent too, which is good.  We even went in the sprinkling rain one morning.  Now that my kids are getting up so early, I don't mind going so early.

I just signed up for my very first 5K that is in August.  I'm soooooo excited about it.  I use to run 5 days a week before having kids, so I know I can do it again, but I haven't ran in 10 years.  Oh and I'm bigger than I was then too.  However, I have changed my eating habits and started exercising 5 to 6 days a week and in the last 3 weeks, I have lost 5 lbs.  I have 35 more to go to meet my goal and I'm GONNA do it.  I will start training for the 5K the first of May.  I'm doing the couch to 5K app to train for it.

The girls had their last ice skating lesson Monday night and their good friend Sarah got to go with them and spend the night.

We have an exciting couple of weeks coming up for us and I will have LOTS of pictures to share when it's over.

Doing puzzles at the library

Playing computer games at the library

Have I ever mentioned that Kyndal plays so very sweetly with AC

Made this new recipe last week and it was really good.  Orange chicken fajitas

Sweet girls eating some lunch

Abby, Kyndal, and Sarah

This was Sunday afternoon, she was pooped!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeaaa for a break!!!! Have a wonderful time off! Oh and congratulation on the 5k I am sure that will be a great motivator to keep exercising. I have wanted to do one for a while but like you with small kids it seem difficult. We took out SATs and I am so in countdown till done! Happy Birthday my friend!