Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Seeing His hand

I remember sitting on our bed about 1 month after being married talking about how ministry could take us different places.  I knew before I married Craig that there was a possibility of moving away from where I had always lived, but didn't really think it would.  As I sat there that night, I said "I will go just about anywhere in the US, but I won't go out of the country".  I remember as if it were yesterday really thinking that that was very logical and ok for me to think and say.  Today, it's almost embarrassing to admit that I thought it, much less said it.  I did tell him too, that I really didn't ever want to move too far from AL.  Again, for some reason in my small and very immature mind, I thought we would always stay right close to where we were.

The Lord did keep us there in the same area for about 8 years.  Then He took us to south AL, about 3 hours from "home".  That wasn't too bad, but it felt far away for a while.  We were in a small town, which we were not use too, but we managed.  The Lord had us there for almost 4 years.

Then He sent us to NH, yes NH, over 1200 miles away from "home", that's over 21 hours in the car, and about a 3 hour flight.  However, this family of 5 drives, because it's much cheaper, and good bonding time.  I never in a million years thought we would live that far away from "home".  Looking back now I see how the Lord worked in my heart and helped me to mature over the years.  It definitely took that 3 hour away from "home" move, to get me to the 21 hour away from "home" move. 

Sometimes it's a little hard being so far away from family.  We miss seeing them often and miss the girls being able to be close (to play with) their cousins and grandparents, but the Lord has provided a great church family for us.  He has provided some great friends, and we are thankful.  Some days are harder than others, but thankfully those are few and far between.  More than anything, it's a real blessing to see how the Lord is working here in NH.  It's a blessing to be a part of it.  It's a blessing to be used by Him in a small way. 

My home is not on this earth.  I'm just passing through.  Hoping to make a small difference while here.  I'm so grateful that the Lord has grown me and worked in my life, and I pray He continues to grow me each and every day to further His Kingdom and to bring Honor and Glory to His name.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Miss yall a TON especially those three little faces!