Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Around here

It's been a busy past few days, which I like.  I enjoy being busy.  On Saturday we had the NHBA meeting and it was really nice.  It was very informative.  This place is truly a mission field.  It was nice to meet other pastors and their families.  That evening we had some sweet church members over for dinner and to watch the Bama vs. Tenn. game, but we did wayyy more talking than watching.  We had a great time.

Sunday, we had lunch and a meeting after church.  Then we ran a couple of errands and came home and relaxed for the evening. 

I watched The Shunning Sunday night which was a good movie, but I prefer a better ending.

I'm almost finished reading The Devil in Pew Number Seven written by a preacher's daughter.  Their family was harassed and attacked terribly about 30 years ago and she shares their story.  It's really a good, sad, and eye opening book.  A lady at the Women's Conference we went to a few weeks ago recommended in the Pastor's Wives class.

Potty training is going well, but not quite as well as I would like.

Yesterday was our day off and the girls and I ran some errands, and the family went to lunch thanks to some very sweet church members.  It was really good too.  Last night we went to some other sweet church members home for dinner and certainly enjoyed the meal and the fellowship.

We are back in school groove today.  We are planning to go to a friends house to play in the leaves after school.  (The kids are, not me)!

We have been invited to another precious family's home for Thanksgiving dinner this year, and I'm really excited and thankful for that. 

There are lots of hurting people out there and it's weighing on my heart and mind.

We serve a Great and Mighty God, and I'm soooo thankful for that true privilege.  It's not always easy, but it's always a blessing!

Abby loves to play dress up with this child.  Yes she is wearing my heels and she walks really good in them too!

Reading some books

Say whatttt???

Our new family games to play together!



1 comment:

Roan said...

I think your family will enjoy the game nights! We do have direct tv, but I only watch it while I am running on the treadmill. I could definitely live without it! :)

We do school 4 days a week, and it works fantastically for our family. With children as young as yours, I think that you will find that you will not have to do as much in the summer as you think you will.

I hope that your friends with breast cancer are making it ok. The double mastectomy is hard. I know that you will be able to offer these ladies support. :) Prayers and cards are so appreciated. Also make sure that their children are cared for and that they have food brought to them while the mother is undergoing surgery and treatments. I am sure that you know all of this! :)