Monday, October 8, 2012

Hiking

Saturday about mid morning we went hiking with another sweet couple from the church.  They go hiking alot so they are in much better shape than me, which doesn't take much!!!  It was about a 45 minute drive and when we got there we had a picnic lunch.  Once we got up there though it was SUPER windy, like our plates and everything blowing off the table.  After we were done eating, we started climbing.  It's been raining here for many days so it was still pretty muddy, so we had to be a little extra careful not to slip on the rocks.  We got to one peak and rested for a minute.  I decided to stay there while they all kept going.  It makes me a nervous wreck watching the girls climb, I'm so afraid they will fall and hurt themselves.  After they were gone for about 10 minutes, I went on up the rest of the way.  However I didn't go to the very tip top, it was too steep a climb for me.  They said the wind was really crazy up there.  When they came down, Kyndal said she almost blew away, which wouldn't take much to blow her little self away!  No one slipped or anything on the way up, but on the way down, Abby slipped twice and my foot slipped in a hole.  Everyone is good though.  Once we got about 10 minutes down the road it started raining.  So, perfect timing.  We had a really great day, great fellowship, and seeing God's beautiful creation.

Before the hike up!

And...we're done!!!  Actually once we got down, Kyndal said okay lets go again!

Before we got on the road good, she was out like a light.  This weekend wore her out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow so beautiful, what a wonderful day.

Angie Vik said...

The trees are gorgeous. I can relate to worrying about your kids on stuff like that. A few years back we took our kids to the ocean and I was a nervous wreck the whole time. I had wanted them to see the ocean but then couldn't relax when they were in it. Glad everyone made it safe and sound.