Friday, February 8, 2013

Love and Respect

I finished reading a book last week called Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs.  It's about the love she most desires and the respect he desperately needs.  It is an excellent book.  Made me do lots of thinking and changing.

A couple of quotes from here that really challenged me were :  In the ultimate sense, your marriage has nothing to do with your spouse.  It has everything to do with your relationship to Jesus Christ.  Wow that hit me in the face hard.  Another one I liked a lot was :  No matter how depressing or irritating my spouse might be, my response is my responsibility.  Uh, what an eye opener this book has been for me.

I highly recommend this book if you have a bad, good, or great marriage.  I'm of the opinion, there is always room for growth, and this book is awesome.



No comments: