Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tuesday's Totally Random

Craig and I went to a pastor's dinner last night in Clayton.  We had a good time, it's always nice for just the two of us to get out for a bit.  A sweet friend kept the girls for us. 

After we took a picture in front of the tree, that you actually can't see, AC went and stood there and said cheeeese!

Then she ran off amidst the picture taking.

Daddy with his sweet girls!

Craig had to make a quick trip to Columbus yesterday afternoon and Abby wanted to ride with him, so she did.  While she was gone Kyndal wanted to call her because she was missing her.  When they got back Craig told me Abby said she couldn't wait to get back and play with Kyndal.  After about 30 minutes they were back to arguing with each other.  They are sooooo funny.

When we got home last night, I put A & K to bed and AC was still awake so I went to kiss her good night only to find a big knot in her hair again.  I had to text Aunt Rikki and ask her to bring her scissors this weekend.  As much as I hate to cut her "little bit" of girl looking hair off, I'm gonna have to until she stops doing the twisting.  I actually can't even get this knot out either, so she will be looking a bit crazy until Aunt Rikki gets here!!

We have our Women About Missions gathering tonight and I'm looking forward to it.  I'm doing the devotion, and speaking on Katie Davis's ministry and her book. 

I've been reading the book to the girls and the other night it gave some statistics that absolutely blew my mind and brought many tears to my eyes.  Let me share....  There are 143 million orphaned children and the 11 million who starve to death or die from preventable diseases and the 8.5 million who work as child slaves, prostitutes, or under other horrific conditions and the 2.3 million who live with HIV add up to 164.8 million needy children.  2.1 billion people on this earth proclaim to be Christians.  If only 8 percent of the Christians would care for one more child, there would not be any statistics left.  Quoted by Katie Davis in Kisses from Katie.

Wow, quiet an eye opener if I do say so myself, and EXTREMELY heart breaking to the core.

No comments: