Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Weekend Recap

Aunt Eron and Marley came to town on Friday afternoon for a weekend visit and to give Craig and I the opportunity to have a date night and do Christmas shopping.  We had been looking forward to the weekend for quite a few days. 

I got a sweet surprise to start of our date night....

We made a visit to a sweet lady from church who had just come home from surgery.  Wow it's been a long time since I was able to make a visit with just he and I.  It was nice.  We went to Columbus to do all our Christmas shopping, so since we only had one night to do it all, and because I'm a major planner, I had my list ready to go!!!!  We got everything we went for and had a wonderful dinner at a new place, Fugi Japanese Steak House.  It was sooooo good.  We actually still made it home by 8:30 too.  Then I stayed up until 1:30 am wrapping all of the presents.

Saturday we took the kids to play at the park and we did some cookie baking.  Oh and the girls played in the back yard for about 2 hours in. the. mud.  I thought Eron was going to croak at Marley playing in the mud.  They went straight to the shower after that.  Craig and I went to a very sweet wedding here in town while my sweet sister kept all of the kids again.  Very very thankful for her help over the weekend.  She even gave all 4 girls a bath on Fri. and Sat.  I did that job on Sun. to give her a break!!!  On Friday night it took the girls about an hour to fall asleep (including AC), but on Sat. and Sun. they were out before their heads hit the pillows.

We went to lunch on Monday and let the girls play on the playground there for a while before Aunt Eron and Marley had to make their way back home.    We had a really great weekend and are looking forward to spending more time with family during Christmas.

Here are lots of random pictures from throughout the weekend (some taken by me, some by Eron, and some by children)...

No comments: