Monday, January 16, 2012

Busy week


Last week it was time to get back to business.  We started back to school on Monday and it was so nice to be back in our routine, for me anyways.  I just feel things go smoother when we are on a schedule.  We actually had a really good week considering coming off a 3 week break of doing whatever we wanted whenever we wanted.  Of course we are in a season of life with a 19 month old who is not the least bit interested in staying calm or quiet for 3-4 hours of home schooling, but like every season, this to shall pass.

Friday after school I was in organize mode, so I got lots of needed organizing done, washing clothes, washing dishes, doing some exercising, and cooking some dinner after giving a bath to 3 little girls.

On Saturday, I was determined to get our house spotless, so as soon as we were done with breakfast, I did just that.  Of course everyone pitched in and helped which is always a nice bonus.  After cleaning, dishes, clothes, some bike riding, a trip to the grocery store, baths for 3 little girls, cooking dinner, I finally sat down on the couch at 8 pm.  When I went to bed that night I was thinking about the day and what all got accomplished and thinking about how tiring it all was, it immediately made me think of how thankful I am.  Very thankful to have food to cook, dishes to clean, a family to feed, clothes to wash, a house to clean, children to give baths too, a couch to rest on, and a bed to sleep in.  I continued to ponder on these thoughts and  I am also very thankful to be a stay at home mom, and have the ability and provision to home school our girls, thankful for a husband who works very hard and who loves his family unconditionally.  I know I take things for granted and I don't always appear or act or talk like I'm thankful, but I'm thankful the Lord made me so very aware of my many blessings that night.  May I never take them for granted.  Thank you Jesus!

Here are some pics of the weekend excitement:

Pretend like Anna Claire is our dress up doll because we can!!!

Went to church

Wonder what is on my head?

Snuggled
Laid under mommy's feet while she washed dishes

Played dress up
Went on a bike ride

Ate some snacks
Read some books

Played with baby dolls
Abby entertaining Anna Claire while watching iCarly

My pics got all out of order and I can't figure out how to put them like I want them, but it's okay, you get the picture!!!

No comments: