Saturday, October 29, 2011

Amazima

So I saw on another blog about 3 weeks ago a video clip of a young girl named Katie Davis who had visited Church of Brookhills.  She began a ministry in Uganda named Amazima, which means truth.  After seeing the clip I HAD to buy her book.  I would like to say this girl is amazing, however like she says, she is not amazing, she is no different than you and I, she just follows the will of God.  The Bible says to go to the least of these, to take care of the widows and orphans, and that she certainly does with an absolute loving and joyful heart.

Reading this book has enlightened me in such a way that is amazing.  Everything she says is clearly written in the Bible, and I've gone to church my whole like, I'm married to a preacher who preaches exactly what she writes about all the time.  He also has a passion for the lost and the least of these.  Somehow though God has used Katie Davis and her book to open my eyes to a different world per se. 

It's so easy in this American life to think you always need something, or maybe even just desire things.  I'm not saying this is a terrible thing, but God has brought me to a new place and I see now that we are blessed way beyond measure (materially).  I see that there are truly children, orphans, widows, people all over this world who are starving to death (literally), who sleep on the wet filthy ground with no cover, with no running water to ever take a bath, who walk around barefoot, who work hours upon hours each day to still not have enough money for food, who have truly nothing, but God.  We have it all (materially speaking), I want it all (spiritually speaking).  When you live in a place where anything and everything is at your fingertips, it's hard to always be dependent on God and always look to Him first.  I want to be different, I want my life to have purpose for the Kingdom's sake.

Thank you Lord for making a change in my life and heart, may You continue to mold me, make me, and form me in Your image, and live in a such a way that brings honor and glory to You and Your Kingdom.


http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/ is Katie's blog and her book is called Kisses from Katie.  I would encourage EVERYONE to get a copy.  I am not much of a reader, but I read last night for 4 hours straight.

No comments: