Friday, October 21, 2011

This and That

Anna Claire is pretty much a full time walker now unless she wants to get to something quickly.  She's not quick on those feet just yet.  She is also starting to eat alot more from the table.  I know, she is 16 months, but switching to table food is my least favorite thing to do with a baby, I have the biggest fear of them choking.  She did eat the same breakfast and lunch as us the other day.

It is really cool here right now, but there are some highs next week up in the 80's, boo. 

I've started walking with a friend in the mornings before the kids get up.  Working out/exercising in the morning is really the best time for me with having 3 kids at home, but I am sooooooooooooooo not a morning person.  If I didn't have someone to meet and go with me, I would never get up and do it.  We walk for about 45 minutes around downtown.

The girls are both doing really well in school.  Abby sometimes has difficulty paying attention, she just gets in to big a hurry for some reason, but she still makes really good grades and even teaches me a few things from time to time!!  Kyndal is doing so well with reading, which is the main focus in kindergarten.  She really knows both vowel sounds well, just sometimes gets them a bit confused on reading words, I just have to slow her down and make her pay closer attention.  She is reading some of her A Beka books on her own though.

I averaged their grades yesterday for the first 12 weeks, and they both have all A's.  In kindergarten they usually don't really do grades per se, but letters.  However, I give Kyndal tests in Math, Language/Phonics, and Bible, so she had grades in those subjects.  Very proud of them both.

The other night when we went out to dinner, I let Anna Claire play with a piece of toast, which I would have never let Abby and Kyndal do.  After she eats she sometimes gets a bit restless at the table, so I just let her have at it.  She made a big O' mess, but I didn't care.  I guess the more kids you have you just go with the flow and work with what you got!!!

We went to the library today for story time/craft time, and to pick out books for the week.

Aunt Eron and Marley are on their way here, and we are looking forward to their weekend visit.




No comments: